Work With Kathleen
Through functional medicine and nutrition therapy, energy work, and mental health coaching, I help sensitive women heal their anxiety and fatigue to cultivate confidence and resilience to pursue their passions. All sessions are offered virtually.
Why work with
Kathleen is an emotional wellness, behavioral health, and trauma-informed spiritual and life guide who is certified as a Holistic Health Coach, Therapeutic Chef, Functional Medicine Nutritionist, and Clinical Herbalist who has trained extensively in energy medicine, shamanic healing practices, trauma recovery, and medical qigong. Her mission is to help people look within and heal their relationships with their soul, their body, and their health as they ignite their passion for their path. She helps sensitive women heal their anxiety and fatigue to cultivate confidence and resilience to pursue their passions. She holds safe, sacred space for change through dialogue, visioning, guided meditations, lifestyle and spiritual counseling, energy-clearing, partnering with the seen and unseen world, working with the conscious and the unconscious mind, connecting the left and right brains, and weaving into the work healing foods, herbs, and lifestyle change. Learn more about Kathleen.
Who I work with
I predominantly work with sensitive women to help them heal anxiety and fatigue, to cultivate confidence and resilience to pursue their passions.
These are the common conditions I work with:
- Exhaustion, low motivation, burnout
- Digestive distress
- Anxiety, overwhelm, low self-confidence
- General malaise
Process for working together
When symptoms are acute, we begin with Embodied Emergence energy work which may clear the symptom before exploring other approaches. If symptoms are chronic, we work to get to the root of the symptoms and strengthen the body and mind through a multi-pronged approach in Nourished Health Sessions that include Embodied Emergence work, in addition to Functional Medicine Nutrition and Psychosocial, Emotional and Neuropsychologic Coaching.
If symptoms are chronic and support beyond energy work is being sought, we schedule a time to do an initial free session in which the client shares their challenges and symptoms; we discuss a plan of action based on the three pronged approach; the client is provided with at least one initial action step to take regardless of working together or not; and if deciding to work together, appointment/s are scheduled and payment is made. A package of appointments based on the need will be recommended as multiple appointments and appointment types will need to be scheduled. There is usually a 3 to 6 month commitment required for chronic health support.
When a client is only seeking energy work, appointments are billed at $100/hr and there is no initial free session offered. Typically the first appointment for energy work lasts two hours which includes a conversation about symptoms and needs, the energy work itself, and discussion after the energy work about information received and guidance for the client around self-care after the session. Typically energy work is completed in one session as the body and mind adjust to the session and the work without being overloaded. If a future session is requested/needed, the session length is usually between 1 to 1.5 hours.
For more info on sessions
click on the following options:
Get started: Appointments are held virtually
What has changed for Kathleen
My private practice for over a decade was focused on digestive health and the gut-brain axis, with very left-brain pursuits of tracking food consumption, creating meal plans, and measuring and evaluating blood, stool, saliva, and urine tests. Oh and cooking classes, of course. I was a steadfast believer that the key to all health is based on what we choose to eat and that this health can be measured and tracked by lab tests. I was wrong. I apologize for how many I have lead on this path, instead of supporting you to to create and follow your own.
Yes, digestive health is essential and I still focus on how we choose to nourish ourselves, but see now that nourishment extends far beyond food, just as our health extends far beyond our body. That there is more to the gut-brain axis then vagus nerve operation and inflammation. That there is more to health than lab test results. There are so many lessons to be learned from dis-ease, from imbalances, from our cravings, from our twisting paths, from what we avoid and what we gravitate toward, from the choices we make and the effects they have on us, and from our stuck emotions and beliefs.
- What have you learned on your path? Why are you here? What is your soul telling you?
- What is your body crying out to teach you? Your bowel movements screaming at you? What is your digestive health reflecting from the rest of your life?
- What is the purpose of your feeling depressed, anxious, overwhelmed, stressed, in joy, at peace, carefree, and/or uncertain? What is the lesson? Are you learning or avoiding it?
- What does changing your health without changing the conditions mean for the path that you are on?
- What is your purpose? How are you living your passion? Where are your lessons and have you learned them?
- Do you use food to avoid your purpose? Is your inflammation a lesson, part of your path, or a distraction?
- What are you avoiding by avoiding food or a specific macronutrient? What hole are you trying to fill by over-eating? What are you really afraid of that food is a stand-in for?
What are you doing about answering these questions – where are you focusing your energy? If you are stuck in dis-ease, in inflammation, in digestive distress, in anxiety or depression, are you continuing to seek out the same solutions and getting the same results?
The health journey, whether through Western or through functional medicine, is most often disheartening and soul-crushing. We are told over and over that we are wrong for what we are doing, how we are living, and what we are eating. We are scared of dying, aging, how our body looks, and health practitioners take advantage of those fears. Even if we do what they say, and change what we are “supposed” to change, are we actually living when coming from that fear?
I’m reopening my private practice to new clients. If you’ve worked with me before – realize that a lot has changed for me in how I recognize health and what I offer:
- Will I still order and read your lab tests? I suppose, if that’s what you want but realize that lab tests only give us a snapshot of what is happening and are only reading very limited markers of health and have nothing to do with happiness or living your passion, following your truth or walking your journey.
- Will we still talk food? Of course. I love food. That hasn’t changed. I can talk food and bowel movements, all day, everyday with a gleam in my eye.
- Will I guide you in a cleanse? If that’s what you want but don’t expect our work to only be about food or the effects of inflammation on the body.
- Will I convince you take a supplement, eat certain foods, avoid other foods, follow an eating plan or a specific workout, stop smoking, quit your job, leave the country, or divorce your family and “friends”? No, I won’t. I really don’t care what you choose. This is your journey, not mine that we are talking about and only you know, deep inside, what needs to happen for you to unlock your soul’s purpose, for you to create vibrant energy and joy in your life, for you to raise your vibration and align your purpose with your cellular energy.
Shit’s gettin’ real, son. I can be your guide, to help you unlock your truths, but I’m not going to tell you what to do other than to tell you to trust yourself and to listen, really listen to your intuition, to your body, to your true self, and to the guidance that is here for you through your ancestors, your soul’s lineage, through nature, and through challenges. It’s up to you whether you choose to heed that call of your own truth of what needs to happen. It is from heeding that call, from exploring our purpose, from living our passion, and from learning from our challenges (health and otherwise) that we can actually restore our health and take direction from ourselves.