Work With Me
I help women connect to their body wisdom and restore their digestive health to overcome bloating, gas, irregular bowel habits, fatigue, brain fog, and anxiety.
My unique approach blends Functional Medicine Nutrition, Psychospiritual Mental Health Coaching, and Medical Qigong to address the root cause of digestive dysfunction, support deep healing, and build resiliency, joy, and vitality.
Why work with
It’s time to ditch anxiety and fear, feel powerful in your body, and confident in your ability to handle stress and food triggers without it hurling you into pain, discomfort, and digestive distress. It’s time to get to the root of your constipation, diarrhea, gas, and mood struggles and to trust yourself and your body. It’s time to stop comparing yourself to others and avoiding living life for fear of how your belly looks in a bathing suit, where the nearest bathroom is, or what someone will think when you have to run to that bathroom!
I get it. I struggled with a cranky belly for a long time too – plagued with food intolerances, strange symptoms like rashes, debilitating fatigue, and moodiness. Doctors didn’t know what to do with me. I had to heal my own IBS, restore my gut and brain health, and their communication to each other. I had to learn to love myself (dysbiosis and all), to set boundaries, to stand up for myself, and to stop taking in the emotions and pain of everyone/everything around me. You can get there too…
I help women connect to their body wisdom and restore their digestive health to overcome bloating, gas, irregular bowel habits, fatigue, brain fog, and anxiety. My unique approach blends Functional Medicine Nutrition, Psychospiritual Mental Health Coaching, and Medical Qigong to address the root cause of digestive dysfunction, support deep healing, and build resiliency, joy, and vitality. Learn more about Kathleen.
Who I work with
As a Neurogastroenterology Nutritionist and Mind-Body Psychospiritual Coach specializing in the Gut-Brain(-Soul) Axis, I typically work with clients with gastrointestinal conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diarrhea, constipation, chronic abdominal bloating or distension, nonceliac gluten sensitivity, celiac disease with persistent gastrointestinal symptoms despite adherence to a gluten-free diet, inflammatory bowel disease with persistent gastrointestinal symptoms despite control of the underlying disease (“IBD with IBS overlay”), and small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO).
As a result of the gut-brain axis, typical of digestive disorders, I also work with a lot of anxiety, overwhelm, low self-confidence, exhaustion, low motivation, and burnout.
Often women, in particular, suffering from gastrointestinal disorders also tend to be highly sensitive, empathic, and more porous to taking in their environment, toxins, and emotions of others – “carrying the weight of the world”.
Process for working together
When symptoms are acute, we begin with Embodied Emergence energy work which may clear the symptom before exploring other approaches. If symptoms are chronic, we work to get to the root of the symptoms and strengthen the body and mind through a multi-pronged approach in Nourished Health Sessions that include Embodied Emergence work, in addition to Functional Medicine Nutrition and Psychosocial, Emotional and Neuropsychologic Coaching.
If symptoms are chronic and support beyond energy work is being sought, we schedule a time to do an initial free session in which the client shares their challenges and symptoms; we discuss a plan of action based on the three pronged approach; the client is provided with at least one initial action step to take regardless of working together or not; and if deciding to work together, appointment/s are scheduled and payment is made. A package of appointments based on the need will be recommended as multiple appointments and appointment types will need to be scheduled. There is usually a 3 to 6 month commitment required for chronic health support.
When a client is only seeking Embodied Emergence sessions, appointments are billed at $100/hr and there is no initial free session offered. Typically the first appointment for energy work lasts two hours which includes a conversation about symptoms and needs, the energy work itself, and discussion after the energy work about information received and guidance for the client around self-care after the session. Typically energy work is completed in one session as the body and mind adjust to the session and the work without being overloaded. If a future session is requested/needed, the session length is usually between 1 to 1.5 hours.
For more info on sessions
click on the following options:
Get started: Appointments are held virtually
What has changed for Kathleen
My private practice for over a decade was focused on digestive health and the gut-brain axis, with very left-brain pursuits of tracking food consumption, creating meal plans, and measuring and evaluating blood, stool, saliva, and urine tests. Oh and cooking classes, of course. I was a steadfast believer that the key to all health is based on what we choose to eat and that this health can be measured and tracked by lab tests. I was wrong. I apologize for how many I have lead on this path, instead of supporting you to to create and follow your own.
Yes, digestive health is essential and I still focus on how we choose to nourish ourselves, but see now that nourishment extends far beyond food, just as our health extends far beyond our body. That there is more to the gut-brain axis then vagus nerve operation and inflammation. That there is more to health than lab test results. There are so many lessons to be learned from dis-ease, from imbalances, from our cravings, from our twisting paths, from what we avoid and what we gravitate toward, from the choices we make and the effects they have on us, and from our stuck emotions and beliefs.
- What have you learned on your path? Why are you here? What is your soul telling you?
- What is your body crying out to teach you? Your bowel movements screaming at you? What is your digestive health reflecting from the rest of your life?
- What is the purpose of your feeling depressed, anxious, overwhelmed, stressed, in joy, at peace, carefree, and/or uncertain? What is the lesson? Are you learning or avoiding it?
- What does changing your health without changing the conditions mean for the path that you are on?
- What is your purpose? How are you living your passion? Where are your lessons and have you learned them?
- Do you use food to avoid your purpose? Is your inflammation a lesson, part of your path, or a distraction?
- What are you avoiding by avoiding food or a specific macronutrient? What hole are you trying to fill by over-eating? What are you really afraid of that food is a stand-in for?
What are you doing about answering these questions – where are you focusing your energy? If you are stuck in dis-ease, in inflammation, in digestive distress, in anxiety or depression, are you continuing to seek out the same solutions and getting the same results?
The health journey, whether through Western or through functional medicine, is most often disheartening and soul-crushing. We are told over and over that we are wrong for what we are doing, how we are living, and what we are eating. We are scared of dying, aging, how our body looks, and health practitioners take advantage of those fears. Even if we do what they say, and change what we are “supposed” to change, are we actually living when coming from that fear?
I’m reopening my private practice to new clients. If you’ve worked with me before – realize that a lot has changed for me in how I recognize health and what I offer:
- Will I still order and read your lab tests? I suppose, if that’s what you want but realize that lab tests only give us a snapshot of what is happening and are only reading very limited markers of health and have nothing to do with happiness or living your passion, following your truth or walking your journey.
- Will we still talk food? Of course. I love food. That hasn’t changed. I can talk food and bowel movements, all day, everyday with a gleam in my eye.
- Will I guide you in a cleanse? If that’s what you want but don’t expect our work to only be about food or the effects of inflammation on the body.
- Will I convince you take a supplement, eat certain foods, avoid other foods, follow an eating plan or a specific workout, stop smoking, quit your job, leave the country, or divorce your family and “friends”? No, I won’t. I really don’t care what you choose. This is your journey, not mine that we are talking about and only you know, deep inside, what needs to happen for you to unlock your soul’s purpose, for you to create vibrant energy and joy in your life, for you to raise your vibration and align your purpose with your cellular energy.
Shit’s gettin’ real, son. I can be your guide, to help you unlock your truths, but I’m not going to tell you what to do other than to tell you to trust yourself and to listen, really listen to your intuition, to your body, to your true self, and to the guidance that is here for you through your ancestors, your soul’s lineage, through nature, and through challenges. It’s up to you whether you choose to heed that call of your own truth of what needs to happen. It is from heeding that call, from exploring our purpose, from living our passion, and from learning from our challenges (health and otherwise) that we can actually restore our health and take direction from ourselves.